The City Manager for the City of Holly Hill is appointed by the City Commission, per the City Charter. The City Manager is responsible for the professional management of the City, including:
- Supervision of day-to-day operations of all city departments and staff, directly and through department heads;
- Oversight of all personnel matters including hiring, firing, disciplining, suspensions and labor negotiations;
- Preparation, monitoring, and execution of the adopted budget, which includes annual submission of a balanced budget package with recommendations for final approval and adoption by the Commission;
- Serve as the primary professional and technical advisor to the Commission on governmental operations;
- Prepare Commission meeting agendas with policy recommendations for the efficient provision of services;
- Meet with citizens, citizen groups, businesses, and other governmental and not for profit entities to maximize communication and cooperation and resolution of problems;
- Professionally manages all city functions to ensure the provision of municipal services in the most effective and efficient manner.