The Human Resources Division is a service-oriented division organizationally structured under the City Manager’s Office.
Human Resources provides administrative services to City departments, such services include:
- Recruitment, selection and promotional testing.
- Maintains, updates and creates job descriptions of city-wide positions.
- Maintains position control and employee maintenance records.
- Develops and updates a competitive pay and classification plan and performs wage and benefit studies.
- Creation and maintenance of city wide personnel forms, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance to all federal and state employment laws.
- Administers the City’s group health, dental, life insurance and workers’ compensation.
- Serves as liaison with three collective bargaining units, the IAFF, PBA and LIUNA and the Civil Service Board and issues relating to employee and management relations.
- Coordinates the City’s Safety Committee program and human relations training for the employees